We’re bringing clarity to the world of nutrition and need a science-minded writer to help us.
Part-time/Freelance role. Could evolve to full-time.
For too long, people have been in the dark about the right way to eat. Because there’s so much conflicting (and bad) advice out there. The truth is, everyone’s individual responses to food is unique.
At Project Sapiens, we’re working with some of the world’s most respected scientists and technology experts to helping people understand how their individual bodies respond to food so they can know exactly what to eat (and what to avoid) to be healthier.
We are tackling a wide range of challenges – from deepening our understanding of how things like the microbiome impact our nutritional responses to making these insights accessible and engaging to our audience.
We’re doing some pretty cutting edge science. And as with anything that’s truly new, it can take a while for people to get their heads around it.
That’s why we’re looking for a science-minded writer who can write articles which make what we’re doing engaging and accessible.
You’ll need to be able to understand the nutritional science and the data we’re gleaning from our scientific studies and work with our scientists and translate their science-speak into language that brings their discoveries to life. In short, you’ll enjoy taking a complex topic and turning it into a simple, insightful, and “digestible” content, that inform how people think about diet and nutrition.
The content will be in the form of articles, blog posts, social media posts but also copy for our website and our product.
- Work with the scientific team to translate new scientific discoveries into compelling stories, ensuring that all claims are backed up by evidence and data.
- Write articles, blog posts and social media content
- Write copy for our website and our product in a way that makes nutritional science insights understandable and impactful
- Own and evolve our brand story across all channels, maintaining a consistent voice and vision
- 5+ years writing experience, ideally around popular science, nutrition, health and wellness, as a long form copywriter, journalist or blogger
- Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills and experience writing clear, coherent narratives for B2B and B2C audiences
- A portfolio of relevant articles that have taken a complex topic and turned it into a simple, insightful, and “digestible” content with profound impact on people’s lives
- A qualified understanding of the science around the project – namely nutritional science, but areas like the microbiome and biology will be handy too.
- Curiosity to dig deep into the topic and approach it from really interesting and useful angles, and come up with new ideas
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities
- Ability to embody our brand voice in all communications.
- Degree from a top-tier university.
- Most importantly, passion for your craft.